Due to a recent illness, which left me also out of class and bedridden for a week, I was unable to make it to a multi-cultural event. However, from what I read in the blogs of the week, Rev. Lowrey is a very intelligent man.
Having gone through what he did in the 60's and sharing his experiences and thoughts with many of the youth of today is a very noble and wise thing to do. Some of the quotes from his speech in Karen's blog really spoke out to me. I felt like I could relate to him and some of his ideas were very amazing to read! But what I got most of his quotes was the fact that no one is not important and we should all be given the same chance. Reading that Rev. Lowrey hasn't held a grudge against the same people that persecuted and beaten him those many years ago reminded me of the same person who helped to encourage non-violent protests: Mohandas Gandhi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your comparison to Ghandi is apt, because MLK often discussed Ghandi as an example that he tried to emulate.
ReplyDelete